The history of the company has more than 107 years.
The beginning of the 20th century
At the end of the XIX century, the Ural region ranked first in the world in the mining of Chromic ironstone. In 1911, 25 mines were developed in the Yekaterinburg Mountain District.
Further development of a number of industries in the Ural region required Chromium compounds (Chromites).
The management board of the joint-stock company of the Shaitan Iron-Smelting and Iron-Making Plants started the construction of the Chrompik plant three kilometers from the village of Talitsa. Under the guidance of an experienced engineer A.V. Ilivitsky, a factory building with an area of 3300 sq. m., a Sulfuric acid plant, a mechanical workshop with a forge, a carpentry workshop, a mining lime-roasting furnace, an office building and a small factory village were built on the chosen site. The territory occupied by the plant was 5.5 hectares.
Despite the difficulties of wartime and the lack of materials, equipment, labor force and horses, the construction of the main buildings and the installation of equipment were mostly completed in a year and a half. On September 15, 1915 the ignition of the calcining furnace of the Chrompik production took place.
The Shaitan Chemical Plant (the original name of the enterprise) started to produce the products regularly: 50-60 tons of Chromium salts per year. 110 people worked at the plant.
After the Civil War, the plant was restored and significantly expanded in 1920-24. The most intensive development of the plant began under the Soviet Union, when “Chrompikstroy” was established in 1929.
The plant reconstruction with the newest equipment, carried out in 1930-31, brought the plant to the world level. As part of the reconstruction, the plant organized the production of Sodium sulphide, Chromic anhydride, Chromic oxide, Chromium agents and set in operation the new Sodium dichromate workshop with a capacity of 8,000 tons.
The record production of Chromium compounds was achieved on the eve of the Great Patriotic War and amounted to 15,000 tons per year. During the war, the plant, in addition to producing its main products, fulfilled the task of the State Defense Committee for the production of Tungsten compounds and surfacing hard alloys.
The most important milestone in the history of the plant was the construction of several large workshops in 1959-1965. On the scale of the plant, it was a real technical revolution, the total production capacity for the production of Сhromium salts increased almost 2 times.
Using the experience of the plant in Pervouralsk (including its personnel), two more large Chrompik plants were built in the USSR: in Aktobe (launched in 1957) and Novotroitsk (launched in 1963).
A workshop for the production of Chrome tanning agent with a capacity of 36,000 tons per year was built in the 1980s, which fully met the needs of the leather industry across the country.
After the collapse of the USSR, the plant survived for several decades. In 1992, Chrompik PO was reorganized into Chrompik OJSC, and in 1995 it was declared bankrupt. Later, Russkii _hrom 1915 JSC was established at the plant's facilities. The company became a part of the holding MidUral Group.
Currently, products of the plant are widely used in consumer goods manufacturing, chemical industry, military-industrial complex and metallurgy. More than half of the plant's products are exported and shipped to more than 30 countries worldwide.
The year 2023 became a new milestone in the history of the plant – the owner of the plant changed, Chrompik became the part of the Polyplast Group of Companies. In the near future, the company plans to modernize the production facilities of Chrompik, increase productivity. It is also planned to expand the range of products with consistently stable world-class quality.